Monday, April 20, 2015

Panning Map Lab 8

Originally I wanted to do top 20 cities with drought levels, but the data in the drought monitoring website is only state wide, so I tried doing that, but there was really only data for the top 10 cities. Then I found data on areas with high levels of population (>100,000) from the Univ. of Floridas study (2012 study on hydrology) and checked the top 20 cities within this study and their relationship to drought from the drought monitoring website (http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/) based on each state. I also used the three driest years within the last decade, and present day. All of the data has been collected from the first week of January within each year, even though you can't see that in the map right now.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Levels of Drought in States Vulnerable to Water Accessibility


No comments:

Post a Comment