Sunday, May 3, 2015

Map I wish I made

So this map is AWESOME!

It was made by UMD Language Science Center, and has all of the different languages spoken in every country around the world! You can click on each nation and a text block comes up that you can then click on the different languages within the country that will zoom you to that geographic area in which the language is spoken!

THAT IS SO COOL! I don't know any reason why I would want to make this map, but I think it's really cool to look at all the different areas in which people speak different languages and how aggregated some can be. Multiple languages in one country only one in another... great to look at!


map of different languages around the world



In this screenshot I clicked on the DRC in Africa and all these different languages popped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment